There are internet filters out there. I know this because most of the companies I’ve worked for have blocked certain sites or search terms – to keep employees from wasting time on certain websites, to conserve bandwidth, and to keep themselves from getting sued if their employees are surfing porn. And, of course, some countries use filters to ban sites or, occasionally, to shut down the whole web.
I suspect these are very expensive and quite elaborate. I want something much simpler: a filter that ensures I never see another word about non-essential, inconsequential, shallow, silly, meaningless and just plain stupid topics of my choosing. Sure, I can just ignore these things, but I don’t even want the headlines and photos in my real estate.
In short, I want an anti-B.S. filter. Something that makes the following people disappear from my vision:
- Kardashians – Would somebody please explain to me what any of these people have done other than be rich? They’re not even attractive IMHO.
- Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie – See above
- The Duggar family – When did having a ridiculous amount of children become something to celebrate?
- Tim Tebow
- Brangelina – I only want to hear about their artistic endeavors, not the brainless celebabble.
- Rush Limbaugh – Beneath contempt
- Keith Olbermann – Does the left no favors.
- Sarah Palin – Stupid is as stupid does.
- Jersey Shore (actually virtually any reality show will do here)
- The Octomom
- Casey Anthony
- Donald Trump – How does a man whose businesses have declared bankruptcy at least three times and who came within a whisker of personal bankruptcy become a business hero?
- Mel Gibson
What about you, dear reader? Who would you add to your Anti-B.S. Filter?